Soil Moisture Water Balance Model
Soil Moisture Water Balance Model (SMWBM)
The Soil Moisture Water Balance Model (SMWBM) is designed for daily catchment rainfall runoff simulation, catchment water balance accounting and soil moisture accounting. SMWBM is a semi-deterministic model based on the algorithms of Pitman (1967), who originally developed the model to simulate river flows in South Africa. Model functionality has been extended by WWA to incorporate hourly calculation during rain days, a surface ponding function, daily evaporation, evaporation functions for differing land cover, vadose zone (unsaturated) flow and travel time functionality, along with UI tools for model calibration (hydrographs and flow duration curves), calibration statistics (NSE, PBIAS, etc.), water balance reporting and flow statistics.
During 2018 the model UI will be revamped to accommodate simulation of multiple catchments simultaneously, which report to a flow measurement gauge for calibration purposes.
You are welcome to download the software from our secure server and participate in a 14-day trial with full functionality.
Following the trial period you have a choice of either discontinuing use of the software or purchasing a 12-month (annual) subscription.
All WWLA software is provided on a "use at own risk basis". While WWLA has made every endeavour to ensure the calculations performed in the software are accurate, the user must satisfy themselves of this. It is anticipated that users of WWLA software will be academically trained scientists, engineers and planners, and that normal industry standards and work checking protocols will be exercised in the use and application of the software.
The customer will implement the following steps to obtain and begin operating the software:
1. Add software to cart from Products Page.
2. Click [Download] button from Downloads Page.
3. The customer will download the installation files as a ZIP package.
4. Upon running the software the first time, a registration window will pop-up.
5. For customers who have brought an annual subscription, they will have automatically received an email containing the Product ID to enter into the registration window.
6. Customers wishing to undertake the 14-day trial must click the blue link or the [Create Email] button to generate a registration email, which will automatically reply with a Licence Key.