Intermediate to Senior Level Hydrologist/Hydrogeologist
Due to recent growth at WWLA we are looking for new team members to fill roles in our Water Resources team.
We are seeking candidates with a BSc, BEng or higher degree and a minimum of 5 years professional experience for the role of intermediate to senior-level Hydrologist or Hydrogeologist.
The successful candidates will undertake desk and field-based investigations and analysis, and depending on your level of experience, opportunities to liaise with clients, prepare reports, and manage projects. WWLA offers broad opportunities for professional development and career advancement, as we grow our skill sets through varied project work.
Key Attributes for a successful candidate
● Tertiary academic training (M.Sc. preferred) in geology (particularly sedimentological and volcanological processes), hydrology and/or hydrogeology;
● Strong practical skills gained from a love of the outdoors;
● A keen inquisitive mind and aptitude towards understanding cause and effect.
● Strong interest in computer modelling (desirable).
● Coding using Python, R, VB.Net or C# (desirable but not essential).
Benefits and perks
● A competitive salary, plus WWLA’s profit-sharing scheme;
● Flexible working options, including hybrid working and part-time hours if preferred;
● A company that values and recognises its staff;
● Small close-knit low bureaucracy team;
● A collaborative and supportive working environment;
● Direct senior technical support;
● Exposure to a wide variety of interesting projects;
● Regular opportunities for fieldwork for a person interested in this;
● Strong technical and consulting career development opportunity;
Skills and experience
Specific skills required for this role could include a mix of the following:
● High level interpersonal skills;
● Excellent written and spoken English;
● Environmental field investigations including stream flow gauging, bore test pumping and groundwater monitoring, and water quality sampling;
● Setup and operation of telemetry systems;
● Data processing using MS Excel;
● GIS mapping using QGIS;
● Geological logging;
● Geophysical surveying and data analysis;
● Drilling and test pumping supervision;
● Groundwater modelling using MODFLOW-USG (GMS interface is preferred);
● Surface water flow and quality modelling experience;
● Stormwater flow and design;
● Water quality monitoring and analysis;
● Background in horticultural development, infrastructure, and water use;
● Background in mining operations would be an advantage.
● Modelling (what-if) impact assessment of land use change;
● Data automation using Python, R and/or Visual Studio (C#,VB) would be an advantage;
On the job training and support will be provided by experienced staff at WWLA.
Key Selling Points
● Exciting and complex range of projects.
● Supportive and responsive team with diverse skills.
● Merit based career progression.
● Flexible hours and potential for a hybrid work arrangement.
● Small close-knit low bureaucracy team.